Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"Ephemeral Empires" featured at Pens On Fire

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the slowness of my writing process of late. I've been deluged with projects, and I've just returned from the World Fantasy writer's convention in Saratoga Springs, New York. I just thought that I'd tell you that one of my poems is being featured at Pens On Fire this month. This one's called "Ephemeral Empires". I wrote it back in '03, just as I was starting at the library. I spruced it up and submitted it a while ago. Happily, it was accepted. It's the first poem I've gotten published in a while (haven't been submitting much--bad me!) Anyway, I hope you're all well. I'll try to get something up on Hawkcircle within the next week or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,

I hope you had a good time at the World Fantisy Convention.

I checked out the site: Pens on Fire. Cool. Read your poem "Ephemeral Empires". It reminded me of some of your original "Firehawk" postings.

The phrasing/imagery is very strong:

"Some things
Cherished, some things mundane,
All put to the wheel in turn and
Ground away."

Wheel / Turn / Grind - Just great.

Everyone should check it out.

Patrick M. Tracy said...

Swiftboat,

I had a grat Con. It was nice to get back east for a few days.

I'm glad you liked Ephemeral Empires. I think it's a pretty good poem. Yes, it's more in the line of inquiry that yielded my earlier Firehawk poems.

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you like the newest "Dust". Took me long enough!

Across Inconstant Breath

Would that this skin this frail armor atop the husk of slow departure -  Would that it held against the teeth  of night's maw a...