Monday, February 25, 2008

New "Settled Dust" in the works

Hey, folks. I know, I know. I haven't been giving you much to read here at Hawk Circle lately. There is reason to take heart, however. A new segment of "Dust" is in the works. I just got the first part of it written tonight, and hope it continues to flow properly. If it does, it may be out and ready this week. Let us hope that this is the case. I'll give you a few small teasers, however--in this episode, a betrayal that has been brewing since the beginning will come to light. Plus, you'll be able to see our assassin character use her weapons of war in anger, at long last.

Hope you're all well, and I'll keep plugging away at the upcoming episode (and no, I haven't been on strike, just swamped).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm chompin' at the bit! Sounds like a really good installment coming up. Read your recent contribution to "Open Vein". What a ghastly story. I mean that in a good way.

Patrick M. Tracy said...

Bobby,

Hope you like the new segment. I just put it up. I wonder if it won't go on even longer than I thought. Every time I feel I'm at the end, more story occurs to me.

About the story in the Open Vein--yes, "Kicked in the Teeth Again" is a pretty wild story. It was something of a departure for me, but I liked writing it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers!

Across Inconstant Breath

Would that this skin this frail armor atop the husk of slow departure -  Would that it held against the teeth  of night's maw a...